Some of you may not be able to dream of your life without pizza. It’s food that you order every week. So, when you go on a low-carb diet or keto diet, you may often worry about saying goodbye to your comfort food. However, you can relieve yourself from this worry with keto pizza.
The keto pizza in Downtown is gaining popularity and love with every passing day. It is a great initiative by the top pizzeria to offer delectable pizza to their customer while meeting their dietary limitations.
Is Regular Pizza a Keto-Friendly?
Other than the curst of the regular pizza, it is a keto-friendly meal. The keto-friendly ingredients of the pizza are:
- Pizza Sauce– Unless there is hidden sugar in your pizza sauce, it is safe for you. To ensure this, you must order from the pizzerias that serve the Keto Pizza in Maple Ridge. They design their pizza especially to meet the dietary requirement of someone who is on a keto diet.
- Cheese- Cheese is an excellent source of protein and fat. The cheese that pizzerias serving keto pizza in Vancouver uses is ricotta, Parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella.
- Vegetable Toppings- They are rich in minerals and vitamins. Hardly you will find a vegetable pizza topping that is not keto-friendly. Some of the common veggie toppings on keto pizza Downtownare tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers.
- Meat Toppings- Most of the meaty toppings on the pizza are keto-friendly. The popular low-carb toppings on keto pizza in Maple Ridge are Canadian bacon, Italian sausage, and pepperoni.
Different Type of Pizza Crust and Whether They are Keto Friendly
As mentioned earlier, the crust of the pizza is not keto-friendly. Regular crust, deep dish, thin-crust, and cheese-stuffed crust are off-limits when on the keto diet.
Fortunately, pizzerias now offer keto pizza in Vancouver, whose crust is made from low-carb dough prepared from chicken, coconut flour, almond flour, and cauliflower.
Let’s look at different types of pizza crust and if they are keto-friendly.
- Regular Pizza Crust- The traditional pizza crust is prepared from white flour and yeast. It is tasty; however, the worst choice for you when you are on the keto diet. The pizza crust alone can constitute up to 33 grams of carbs. Thus, one single slice will kick you out of ketosis.
- Thin Crust- The thin-crust pizza has a lower carb than the regular crust. The thin crust has about 20 grams of carbs. You can occasionally enjoy a slice if you are on the IIFYM keto diet. However, it is not recommended as it is made from wheat.
- Cauliflower Crust- It is the crust that is used for keto pizza. Cauliflower is a low-carb veggie that many dieters use to substitute mashed potatoes and rice. A slice of cauliflower crust constitutes only 3% carb which is negligible compared to other pizza crusts.
The cauliflower pizza crust is prepared from melted Parmesan cheese, egg, and riced cauliflower. They are delicious, satisfying, and classic. It is a common keto pizza crust offered by numerous pizzerias as they are easy to process, can hold heavier toppings, and are filling.
Keto-Friendly Cheese Options on Your Pizza
Cheese is a keto-friendly ingredient. When you order a keto pizza at your nearest pizzeria, they may offer you any of the below-mentioned cheese options:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Goat Cheese
Keto-Friendly Veggie Toppings on Your Pizza
Let’s look at some of the veggie toppings that you can order on your keto pizza toppings
- Artichoke hearts
- Bell Peppers
Keto-Friendly Meat Toppings on Your Pizza
Let’s look at some of the meat toppings that you can order on your keto pizza toppings are:
- Meatballs that do not contain breadcrumbs
- Canadian Bacon
- Ground beef
- Italian sausage
The Bottom Line
On a keto diet, you may often crave a mouth-watering pizza. You may contemplate choosing between your health and your comfort food. As mentioned above, when you take a few steps to alter your regular pizza, you can still enjoy it without compromising your diet. If you don’t want to take the hassle of cooking, you can order a keto pizza at your nearest pizzeria.